How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 10

OKAY...I know this is not about Montogmery Alabama real estate, or homes for sale. But dang it, Microsoft's recent "upgrade" to the latest and greatest IE 10 has been affecting my ability to do my real estate business. Nearly every internet program I use to serve my buyers and sellers was having issues with this newest upgrade. Even our Montgomery Multiple Listing Service (MLS), which is internet based, did not work well with the new version.

So....I deleted IE 10, and went back to version 9. Easy. And here's how to do it if you are using Windows 7:
Click on the Start button (lower left corner...you know where it is) and then type "Programs and Features" in the Search window. In the results window on the left, Click on "Programs and Features".
This will open Control Panel, look to the upper left and Click on "View Installed Updates". Scroll down until you find the section of updates under "Microsoft Windows" and then look for IE10. Click on it and then select "Uninstall". This may take a few minutes, and then your computer will need to restart.
That's all there is to it. Now your computer will go back to the IE9 that was working great before.

Listen, if you need help with this, send me an email, or give me a call. Oh, and now that I have this issue taken care of, I can get back to helping buyers and sellers here in Montgomery, Alabama. Ready to buy or sell a home? Let's talk!

Comments

Popular Posts