Home Sellers Take A Walk!


When to Take a Walk

Your agent calls to say he is bringing prospective buyers to see your home. You quickly straighten up the living room, make the beds, and run the dishwasher. What should you do then? If you have to let them into the house -- then go to a friends house, take a drive or walk the dog!

Many owners think they should stay close by while their home is being shown. They are afraid that the real estate agent might miss the storage shelves in the basement or forget to point out the beautiful new floor in the kitchen.

It is better for the agent to miss something than for you to be ushering the buyers around, so resist the temptation to stay while your house is being shown.

Buyers usually base their decision to buy on an attraction that often has more to do with emotions than pure logic, and a lot goes on between buyer and agent during a showing. The buyer needs to evaluate the home's pluses and minuses, and the agent needs the opportunity to work with the buyer's objections. This process cannot take place comfortably if the seller is on the scene.

Does This Real Estate Tip Apply to YOU?

I've learned these tips through over 25 years of experience as a REALTOR in the Montgomery Alabama Area. But I know that YOUR situation might be different. That's why I'm here.
It's my job to personally advise homebuyers and sellers.
Feel Free to give me a call or send me an email should you have any questions or need any help buying or selling a home in Central Alabama. I look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I totally agree--the same is true to my experience. When I've shown a Home in Ulster County NY with a seller present, they almost always distract my buyers.
toronto condos said…
I am going to have to research this. I am just starting on ebay again and haven't heard of this. Any info would be helpful thanks.

Popular Posts